An Educated Population
A world-class educational system that equips citizens to achieve their aspirations and to meet the needs of Qatar’s society, including:
- Educational curricula and training programs responding to the current and future needs of the labor market
- High quality educational and training opportunities appropriate to each individual's aspirations and abilities
- Accessible educational programs for life-long learning
A national network of formal and non-formal educational programs that equip Qatari children and youth with the skills and motivation to contribute to society, fostering:
- A solid grounding in Qatari moral and ethical values, traditions and cultural heritage.
- A strong sense of belonging and citizenship.
- Innovation and creativity.
- Participation in a wide variety of cultural and sports activities.
- Well-developed, independent, self-managing and accountable educational institutions operating under centrally-determined guidelines.
- An effective system for funding scientific research shared by the public and private sectors and conducted in cooperation with specialized international organizations and leading international research centers.
- A significant international role in cultural and intellectual activity and scientific research.
A Healthy Population: Physically and Mentally
A comprehensive world-class healthcare system whose services are accessible to the whole population, including:
- Effective and affordable services in accordance with the principle of partnership in bearing the costs of health care
- Coverage of preventive and curative health care, both physical and mental, taking into account the differing needs of men, women and children.
- High quality research directed at improving the effectiveness and quality of healthcare
- An integrated system of health care offering high-quality services through public and private institutions operating under the direction of a national health policy that sets and monitors standards for social, economic, administrative and technical aspects of health care
- A skilled national workforce capable of providing high quality health services.
- Continued commitment by the state to provide sufficient funds for maintaining the health of Qatar’s population in accordance with the principle of partnership in bearing the costs of health care.
A Capable and Motivated Workforce
Increased and diversified participation of Qataris in the workforce through:
- Broad investments in certification and training programs by public and private institutions
- Incentives for Qataris to enter professional and management roles in business, health and educational sectors
- High quality training opportunities for all citizens, corresponding to their ambitions and abilities
- Increased opportunities and vocational support for Qatari women
- Targeted Participation of Expatriate Labor
- Recruitment of the right mix of expatriate labor, protecting their rights, securing their safety, and retaining those who are outstanding among them.